Life can take us on many journeys, some of which can be can be powerful, life changing, and profound. Perhaps you are taking a deeper look at your health and want to make changes that impact all the areas that make up your life. Perhaps you’re already committed to a healthier lifestyle and are seeking out ways to maintain and improve your well-being. The true definition of holistic health is: a concept that health practices, in the prevention and treatment of disease, should focus on the whole person—including physical, mental, spiritual, social, and environmental aspects—rather than on disease symptoms alone. Major features of holistic health include patient education about behavioral and attitudinal changes that promote and maintain good health and well-being, and patient self-help and participation in the healing process through diet, exercise, and other measures. It is often practiced in tandem with conventional medicine (e.g., medication, surgery) and with complementary and alternative medicine
When you receive bodywork from us, we take the whole that is uniquely you into account focusing on the following:
- Physical well being: Areas of pain that need the utmost care and attention, through means of bodywork, energy healing and other modalities.
- Emotional Well Being: What may be going on in your life that is causing pain? Both mentally and physically? Is stress or fear creating postural shifts? We examine each of these questions to allow for creating ease and introspection.
- Mental Well Being: While this ties in much with emotional well being, we also take in to approach your mental well being to offer the perfect session that is right for needs. It has been proven that bodywork is helpful in the production of serotonin (aka the feel good hormone) and creates a profound state of relaxation. Sometimes a healing touch also soothes the soul! (Please note, if you are experiencing any mental health conditions, we strongly urge you to speak with your physician. Massage, Reiki and any other bodywork therapy is not a substitute for medical care.)
- Spiritual Well Being: Taking time to be in the present moment is so crucial to our spiritual health. When was the last time you were able to slow down, take a deep breath, and simply notice what is right in front of you, at this very moment? Having spirituality isn’t always about religion (though this can be important for many), it’s about the need for purpose, meaning, and connection to something greater than ourselves. We find this is a lifelong, evolutionary process. We believe that in many ways, massage therapy & bodywork can bridge the gap between the physical and spiritual. When you honor your body, you also nurture your soul!
Below are a few of our recommended services with a holistic approach:
- Swedish Massage (soothing, relaxed pressure, focused on whole body relaxation.)
- Reflexology (targeted pressure points on the feet and/or hands to facilitate homeostasis, or balance in the body and its organ systems. Promotes regulation of the autonomic nervous system)
- Energy Healing (Helps with balancing the energy systems in the body, soothing, healing…deeply relaxing!)
- CranioSacral Therapy (Balances the fluid in the spinal column, regulates the nervous system as a whole, also beneficial for pain relief)
- Hand & Foot Reflexology (targeted pressure points on the feet and/or hands to facilitate homeostasis, or balance in the body and its organ systems. Promotes regulation of the autonomic nervous system)
- Integrative Customized Massage (Massage Custom Tailored to meet your unique needs!) Signature Massage Therapy (The addition of our crystal infrared heating mat, hot stones and aromatherapy to support deep relaxation, well being and stress relief)
- Frequency Healing: Personalized sound, frequency and energy healing with musical tones to support harmonizing optimal health on all levels
Coming this Spring…Functional Nutrition Coaching!
- Infrared Amethyst Biomat: The Biomat combines far infrared rays, negative ion therapy and the superconductive healing properties of pure amethyst & Tourmaline for the effective treatment of a range of health issues including: stress, insomnia, sprains and strains, post-surgical healing and scar reduction, joint and muscle soreness, chronic neck and back pain, heavy metal toxicity, inflammation, arthritis, Lyme disease and circulatory issues
- Himalayan Salt Stones: Himalayan Salt stones are heated and then paired with massage oil. The therapeutic effects of heat are used to relax muscles more deeply. Unlike many other hot stone massages, the Himalayan salt stones are mineral rich, releasing negative ions. Reducing inflammation and pain, and easing anxiety are just a few of the health benefits of negative ions!
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it’s called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health, and supports deep relaxation, sleep and stress relief, just to name a few of the many benefits!
“Healthy is an outfit that looks different on everybody.”
It is so very important to care for all that is you. You are here for a deeper, greater purpose. The more joy you allow yourself to receive, the more you are also able to give. Wherever you are on your journey of health, we are here to welcome you every step of the way. It’s time to live your most vibrant, whole and radiant self!