There are so many reasons we are in need of nervous system support and deep relaxation. Our minds, as well as bodies need care more than ever. It is important to remember that a healthy body supports a healthy mind, and vice versa. In today’s world, we are in a place where we find ourselves constantly on the go and busy. It is more important than ever to make time for self care! When you “fill your cup”, not only do you feel healthier, happier, and exude joy, others around you will notice too! Massage Therapy has been clinically proven to boost serotonin (aka the “happiness hormone, as some say), and can have an overall positive effect on well being, mood, and quality of life. Research has also shown that Massage Therapy has a profound effect on alleviating anxiety and depression. If you’re considering Massage as part of your wellness plan, you’ve come to the right place! We are advocates in your health and wellness journey, and are here to help, every step of the way.
Massage and bodywork has many health benefits to support deep relaxation. Below are a few conditions that can be improved with massage and bodywork!
- Improved sleep
- Reduced pain
- Stress Relief
- Improved mood
- Alleviation of mild anxiety & depression
- Relief from Nausea
- Improved mental clarity
- Improved relief of pregnancy related discomfort
- Nervous system balancing and support
- Decreased cortisol levels
- Improved immunity
Types of Relaxation Massage
We have listed only a few of the many conditions that may improve with massage therapy! If you do not see your condition listed, it does not mean we are unable to help. Give us a call at 860-861-8978 to see if we can help you!
- Swedish Massage (soothing, relaxed pressure, focused on whole body relaxation.) “Mommy’s Time Out” (aka Pregnancy Massage) A soothing touch for moms to be, providing relief from the day to day changes of the body during pregnancy. (*Please note, we do not provide pregnancy during the first trimester without physician’s clearance.)
- Hand & Foot Reflexology (targeted pressure points on the feet and/or hands to facilitate homeostasis, or balance in the body and its organ systems. Promotes regulation of the autonomic nervous system)
- CranioSacral Therapy (Balances the fluid in the spinal column, regulates the nervous system as a whole, also beneficial for pain relief)
- Integrative Customized Massage (Massage Custom Tailored to meet your unique needs!) Signature Massage Therapy (The addition of our crystal infrared heating mat, hot stones and aromatherapy to support deep relaxation, well being and stress relief)
- Treat your Feet (Soothing, relaxing relief for one of the most overworked parts of the body!)
- Infrared Amethyst Biomat: The Biomat combines far infrared rays, negative ion therapy and the superconductive healing properties of pure amethyst & Tourmaline for the effective treatment of a range of health issues including: stress, insomnia, sprains and strains, post-surgical healing and scar reduction, joint and muscle soreness, chronic neck and back pain, heavy metal toxicity, inflammation, arthritis, Lyme disease and circulatory issues
- Himalayan Hot Stones: Himalayan Salt stones are heated and then paired with massage oil. The therapeutic effects of heat are used to relax muscles more deeply. Unlike many other hot stone massages, the Himalayan salt stones are mineral rich, releasing negative ions. Reducing inflammation and pain, and easing anxiety are just a few of the health benefits of negative ions!
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. Sometimes it’s called essential oil therapy. Aromatherapy uses aromatic essential oils medicinally to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit. It enhances both physical and emotional health, and supports deep relaxation, sleep and stress relief, just to name a few of the many benefits!
Stress and your “to-do” list is not your identity. You are so much more. It’s time to make self care a priority so that you may be the healthiest, happiest version of you! We are here for you!
Ready to schedule? Below is a list of our recommended services. If you are still unsure, please reach out to us by phone or email! We’re here to help!